If you have lost any teeth, a dental implant is a wonderful option. Implant dentistry technology allows us the freedom to insert an artificial tooth root implant into your mouth to support a porcelain crown, dental bridge, or dentures. This procedure offers a very effective way to completely replace missing teeth. Dr. Drew and his professionally trained staff in implant dentistry both place implants and restore aged implants.
Dental implants provide a permanent artificial tooth root base. Compared to other solutions such as crowns, bridges, and dentures, tooth implants have a longer-lasting result because the implant will actually fuse with your jawbone over time.
The dental implant is made up of three parts:
- The implant which is placed in the jawbone. This is the root of the new tooth, and a porcelain crown will be placed over it.
- The abutment which connects the implant to the crown. It is permanent, but allows Dr. Drew to make adjustments as needed.
- The porcelain crown. This is the prosthetic tooth, and is the part of your smile that will actually be seen by you and others. The porcelain crown will be customized to match your other teeth for a beautiful, natural look.
Some of the advantages of dental implants include:
- Permanence | Having a dental implant is the closest thing to restoring your natural teeth. It becomes part of your jawbone and feels like a real tooth.
- Support | When you lose a tooth you also lose the root within the jawbone. Replacing this root with an artificial root helps the jaw maintain its integrity and strength to support the teeth in your mouth.
- Options | A dental implant gives you more options when making a decision about replacing missing teeth. You are able to replace one or several teeth with either crowns or dentures.
The advancement of implant dentistry allows for flexibility when making decisions about your dental health. Dr. Drew would like to meet with you to discuss this option. Please call our office today!